Re: "Microsoft Access" for RDF?

Kingsley,

I am fully aware of the distinction between RDF as a data model and
its serializations. That's why I wrote: "RDF *serializations* often
group triples by subject URI."

What I tweeted recently was, that despite having concept models and
abstractions in our heads, when pipelining data and writing software
we are dealing with concrete serializations. Am I not right?

So what I mean with "it works" is that our RDF/POST-based user
interface is simply a generic function of the RDF graph behind it, in
the form of XSLT transforming the RDF/XML serialization.

I commented on concurrency in the previous email, but you haven't
replied to that.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 8:43 PM, Kingsley  Idehen
<kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>> source of unnecessary confusion.
>>>
>>> Links:
>>>
>>> [1]
>>>
>>> http://54.183.42.206:8080/sigma/Browse.jsp?lang=EnglishLanguage&flang=SUO-KIF&kb=SUMO&term=Predicate
>>>
>>> Kingsley
>>>

>>>    Within a resource block, properties are sorted
>>> alphabetically by their rdfs:labels retrieved from respective
>>> vocabularies.
>>>
>>> How do you handle the integrity of multi-user updates, without killing
>>> concurrency, using this method of grouping (which in of itself is unclear
>>> due to the use "resources" term) ?
>>>
>>> How do you minimize the user interaction space i.e., reduce clutter --
>>> especially if you have a lot of relations in scope or the possibility
>>> that
>>> such becomes the reality over time?
>>>
>>> I don't think concurrent updates I related to "resources" or specific
>>> to our editor. The Linked Data platform (whatever it is) and its HTTP
>>> logic has to deal with ETags and 409 Conflict etc.
>>>
>>> I was wondering if this logic should be part of specifications such as
>>> the Graph Store Protocol:
>>> https://twitter.com/pumba_lt/status/545206095783145472
>>> But I haven't an answer. Maybe it's an oversight on the W3C side?
>>>
>>> We scope the description edited either by a) SPARQL query or b) named
>>> graph content.
>>>
>>> Kingsley
>>>
>>> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 4:59 PM, Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@netestate.de>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Martynas,
>>>
>>> sorry! You mean this one?
>>>

>>> http://linkeddatahub.com/ldh?mode=http%3A%2F%2Fgraphity.org%2Fgc%23EditMode
>>>
>>> Nice! Looks like a template but you still may have the triple object
>>> ordering
>>> problem. Do you? If yes, how did you address it?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Michael Brunnbauer
>>>
>>> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 04:23:14PM +0100, Martynas Jusevi??ius wrote:
>>>
>>> I find it funny that people on this list and semweb lists in general
>>> like discussing abstractions, ideas, desires, prejudices etc.
>>>
>>> However when a concrete example is shown, which solves the issue
>>> discussed or at least comes close to that, it receives no response.
>>>
>>> So please continue discussing the ideal RDF environment and its
>>> potential problems while we continue improving our editor for users
>>> who manage RDF already now.
>>>
>>> Have a nice weekend everyone!
>>>
>>> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Paul Houle <ontology2@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So some thoughts here.
>>>
>>> OWL,  so far as inference is concerned,  is a failure and it is time to
>>> move
>>> on.  It is like RDF/XML.
>>>
>>> As a way of documenting types and properties it is tolerable.  If I
>>> write
>>> down something in production rules I can generally explain to an
>>> "average
>>> joe" what they mean.  If I try to use OWL it is easy for a few things,
>>> for a few things,  then there are a few things Kendall Clark can do,

>>> types (canonicalize <mailto:joe@example.com> and "joe@example.com"),