Re: Survey on Faceted Browsers for RDF data ?

Hi Christian,
I presume you are familiar with SolrRDF - http://goo.gl/kjLFHM?
Cheers

> On Apr 27, 2015, at 10:02  - 27/04/15, Christian Morbidoni <christian.morbidoni@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Bernadette, all
>
> I can surely share my list, and I'll do as soon as I find some time to give it some structure and write in proper english...
>
> Honestly I got a bit stuck asking myself "What exactly am I looking for"? In other words: what is exactly a faceted browser for RDF data? Does it mean that it has to query a SPRQL endpoint with no intermediaries, in real-time? In fact, this approach is not the best in my opinion...one probably needs to materialize data in some other more facets-friedly system (e.g. solr, elastic search) to gain good performances (I might be wrong but this is what my - limited - experience told me). Then I started asking me...if you put a SPARQL connector, then every existing faceted browser can be a RDF data faceted browser...
> So...what is the kind of tools that you think should go in this list? All existing systems that provide faceted browsing functionality? And what kind of features should a comparison take into account? may be "how is it easy to connect a tool to a SPARQL endpoint"? not sure...
>
> best,
>
> Christian
---

Daniel Schwabe                      Dept. de Informatica, PUC-Rio
Tel:+55-21-3527 1500 r. 4356        R. M. de S. Vicente, 225
Fax: +55-21-3527 1530               Rio de Janeiro, RJ 22453-900, Brasil
http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~dschwabe