Re: A Distributed Economy -- A blog involving Linked Data

>Brent,
>
>Pasting my reply to Manu (with some editing) here, as I think its important:
>
>Manu,
>
>It is misleading (albeit inadvertent in regards to your post above) to
>infer that Linked Data isn't already the core of the Web. The absolute
>fact of the matter is that Linked Data has been the core of the Web
>since it was an idea [1][2].
>
>The Web doesn't work at all if HTTP URIs aren't names for:
>
>[1] What exists on the Web
>[2] What exists, period.
>
>We just have the misfortune of poor communications mucking up proper
>comprehension of AWWW. For example, RDF should have been presented to
>the world as an effort by the W3C to standardize an existing aspect of
>the Web i.e., the ability to leverage HTTP URIs as mechanisms for:
>
>1. entity identification & naming
>2. entity description using sentences or statements -- where (as is the
>case re., natural language) a sentence or statement is comprised of a
>subject, predicate, and object.
>
>Instead, we ended up with an incomprehensible, indefensible, and at best
>draconian narrative that has forever tainted the letters "R-D-F" .  And
>to compount matters, "HttpRange-14" has become censorship tool (based on
>its ridiculous history), that blurs fixing this horrible state of affairs.>
>
>Links:
>
>[1] http://bit.ly/10Y9FL1 -- Evidence that Linked Data was always at the
>core of the Web (excuse some instability on my personal data space
>instance, at this point in time, should you encounter issues looking up
>the document identified by this HTTP URI)
>
>[2] >http://kidehen.blogspot.com/2014/03/world-wide-web-25-years-later.html <http://kidehen.blogspot.com/2014/03/world-wide-web-25-years-later.html>
>-- World Wide Web, 25 years later
>
>[3] >http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/04/b4/79/04b4794ccf2b6fd14ed3c822be26382f.jpg <http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/04/b4/79/04b4794ccf2b6fd14ed3c822be26382f.jpg>
>-- Illustrating identification (naming) on the Web (re., things that
>exist on or off the Web medium) .
>
>--
>
>--
>Regards,
>
>Kingsley Idehen
>Founder & CEO
>OpenLink Software
>Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
>Personal Weblog 1: http://kidehen.blogspot.com
>Personal Weblog 2: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
>Twitter Profile: https://twitter.com/kidehen
>Google+ Profile: https://plus.google.com/+KingsleyIdehen/about
>LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kidehen
>Personal WebID: http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen#this

Kingsley,

Thanks for linking to your blog. I found it useful that you broke
things up into a Linked

Document Network, Linked Data Network, Linked Open Data, and Semantic
Linked Open Data.

You gave it a names, which made it easier to deal with. I hope to
someday spend a few

minutes talking to you and Tim Berners-Lee. Basically go to one of
those big WWW conferences.

-Brent

-Brent Shambaugh

Website: bshambaugh.org