2 articles every minute

Hi, I don't mean to be picky. I am just curious about statements like "2
articles every minute". Where do they come from? Where can I get this
stats? are this stats about journal papers? if this is true, I assume it
is, then shouldn't we start to consider that the quality of publications is
simply poor? Perhaps this is a challenge for us to clear the act instead of
a challenge for the technology; and if there is a challenge for the tech
then, IMHO, it should be how to remove rubbish from those 3000 articles per
day "Every day, approximately 3000 new bio-medical articles are published
on the Web".

Anyway, just woke up this morning and saw this "per day, 3000 new
bio-medical articles are published on the Web" and then "2 articles every
minute". Just in the biomedical domain and I thought, where does it come
from and what does it mean for us.

--
Alexander Garcia
http://www.alexandergarcia.name/