Re: ANN: DBpedia Version 2014 released

Hi all

Following an off-list answer to Kingsley on the G+ LOV community
conversation [1]

- The current state of affair needs to follow the ov:defines predicates in
the ontology description to each of its elements to get the full
description of the ontology content (classes and propertie). I tried to
replace those by owl:imports predicates and submit the file to Protégé, but
after more than one hour it was still struggling with importing the 3480
elements from their URI, with so many queries on DBpedia servers. Cleraly
not the good solution.

- So I tried otherwise, sending to the SPARQL endpoint this very basic
query.

CONSTRUCT {?s ?p ?o}

WHERE {   ?s rdfs:isDefinedBy <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/>.
                  ?s ?p ?o}

This is a compact URI for this query result (in RDF/XML)
http://bit.ly/1xHzpv5 which I successfully submitted to either Protégé or
the LOV-Bot.
So, seems to me if the ontology namespace had a conneg to such a query it
would be all we need.
Or, if you keep the things as they are, we will take internally in LOV such
a URI to feed the LOV-Bot.

[1] https://plus.google.com/+BernardVatant/posts/jVVSVbxuDfq

--

*Bernard Vatant*