Re: UML => OWL, SKOS => OWL?

Hi, Leo.

You may interested also in the work done by Simon Cox in the geo domain.
See, e.g., "An explicit OWL representation of ISO/OGC Observations and
Measurements"

http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1063/paper1.pdf

Other work, again in the geo domain, has been carried out on INSPIRE - the
legal and technical framework meant to set up a EU-wide data and service
infrastructure of information concerning the environment [1]. More
precisely, this work focussed on the UML to RDF/OWL conversion of the data
models concerning the 34 INSPIRE themes [2].

The relevant documentation and the resulting RDF vocs / OWL ontologies are
publicly available from:

https://ies-svn.jrc.ec.europa.eu/projects/rdf-pids/wiki/ARE3NA_RDF_+_PIDs_study

Hope this helps

Andrea

----
[1]http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/
[2]http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/index.cfm/pageid/2/list/7

--
Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
European Commission DG JRC

https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.