Re: Enhancing open data with identifiers

On 2014-10-31 11:33, Leigh Dodds wrote:
> I thought I'd share a link to this UKODI/Thomson Reuters white paper
> which was published today:
>
> http://theodi.org/guides/data-identifiers-white-paper
>
> Cheers,
>
> L.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but here is what I see and understand:

There are two copies (two identifiers) for the white paper:

1.
http://thomsonreuters.com/corporate/pdf/creating-value-with-identifiers-in-an-open-data-world.pdf

2.
https://www.scribd.com/embeds/245019844/content?start_page=1&view_mode=slideshow&access_key=key-z4Ega9n1sxq3ai5A2MHs&show_recommendations=false

I think 2 is unnecessary (which is linked from theodi.org) and arguably
unimportant if it becomes unavailable, however, in the mean time, it
passes the authority of that copy to a third party: scribd.com (Scribd Inc.)

The document is in PDF. Is that the best way to promote important
information on data identifiers while factoring in everything that the
white paper discusses?

Thanks,

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i