Re: Cost and access (Was Re: [ESWC 2015] First Call for Paper)

"Gray, Alasdair" <A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk> writes:

> On 7 Oct 2014, at 15:31, Phillip Lord
> <phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk<mailto:phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk>>
>  wrote:
>
> "Gray, Alasdair" <A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk<mailto:A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk>> writes:
> This is true. So, if the reason that ESWC and ISWC only accept papers in
> PDF is because we need LNCS for tenure and that they will only take PDF,
> it would be good to have a public statement about this.
>
> I think PDF is only at the submission stage. For camera ready the source file
> (s) - latex or word - are required.
>
> Again, I'd like to know for sure.
>
> For ISWC this year, it was certainly the case that I needed to submit the
> latex for the camera ready version.
>
> This presumably is for Springer/conference organisers to be able to get all
> the appropriate metadata that they add for indexing.

Sorry, I meant, I'd love to know for sure where the restriction on PDF
comes from. Could we change it to allow HTML tomorrow and who would
complain.

We have seen some people already (Peter!), but I'd like to know where
the limiting factor is.

Phil