Re: scientific publishing process (was Re: Cost and access)

This is an incredibly rich and interestingly conversation. I think there
are two separate themes:
1. What is required and/or asked-for by the conference organizers...
a. ...that is needed for the review process
b. ...that is needed to implement value-added services for the conference
c. ...that contributes to the body of work

2. What is required and/or asked for by the publisher?

All of (1) is about the "meat" of the contributions, including establishing
a long-term legacy. (2) is about (presumably) prestigious output.

What added services could esp. Easychair provide that would go beyond 1.a.
and contribute to 1.b. and 1.c., etc.? Are there any Easychair committers
watching this thread? ;)

John

--
John S. Erickson, Ph.D.
Deputy Director, Web Science Research Center