Re: scientific publishing process (was Re: Cost and access)

my humble two cents.
Rather than the format (submitting, read etc), its the effective linking
that is missing imo.
The Semantic Web/Linked Data community has been preaching this concept of
linking, and to some extent the dogfood site provides for such linking.
However, this is limited to established meta-data tags, author/s, title,
conference etc.

What if improvement is focused on increasing the effective linking
(concepts, relations) through some automated (semi) tools which both ESWC
and ISWC communities provide, and which make the text of each submission
linkable?