Re: Debates of the European Parliament as LOD

On 11/5/14 6:19 AM, Hollink, L. wrote:
> ----- Dataset announcement -----
>
> We are happy to announce the release of a new linked dataset: the
> proceedings of the plenary debates of the European Parliament as
> Linked Open Data.
>
> The dataset covers all plenary debates held in the European Parliament
> (EP) between July 1999 and January 2014, and biographical information
> about the members of parliament. It includes: the monthly sessions of
> the EP, the agenda of debates, the spoken words and translations
> thereof in 21 languages; the speakers, their role and the country they
> represent; membership of national parties, European parties and
> commissions. The data is available though a SPARQL endpoint, see
> http://linkedpolitics.ops.few.vu.nl/ for more details.
>
> Please note that this is a first version; we hope you will try it out
> and send us your feedback!

Good Job!

I was able to build a SPARQL-FED query [1], and then use the HTTP URIs
exposed in the query results page for follow-my-nose based exploration
and drill-down/ .

[1] http://bit.ly/sparql-fed-against-eu-parliament-debates-endpoint .

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software