Re: LOD cloud diagram ?

On 2014-04-25 18:44, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> All,
>
> Circa. 2014, we shouldn't be depending on any piece of platform specific
> technology to create a graphical representation of datasets across the
> entire LOD cloud, or specific sub segments of said cloud.
>
> We should be able to generate graphical representations that include the
> following fundamental features:
>
> 1. graph visualization
> 2. live hyperlinks of URIs that denote the cloud data sets.
>
> Why? You end up with yet another beachhead for Linked Data
> follow-your-nose pattern.
>
> Whenever we produce output with non existent or blurry access to HTTP
> URIs that denote entities (documents, agents, or other entity types)
> with inadvertently missed a powerful opportunity to showcase the basic
> Linked Open Data principles value proposition.
>
> Also what applies to this specific scenario also applies to any other
> resource published on the LOD banner.
>
> Shortcut:
>
> Find a visualization tool that can process CSV ouptput.
> Feed it SPARQL URL for a solution where the output format is CSV.
> Done.

I think what you are thinking of is more along the lines of
http://lodlive.it/

Perhaps void-graph's aim to produce the LOD Cloud diagram is a bit
ambitious at this time. I'm not sure if that itself is still a
worthwhile exercise any way anymore. There are efforts like
http://lod4all.net/ which goes in that direction, but the datasets that
are listed feel curated.

However, what might be more interesting is creating a more realistic LOD
cloud that's perhaps derived from the crawls like LDspider.

I'm not convinced on the shortcut idea you propose. Just before it you
were talking about tapping on the power of true LOD, then you want to
process the information via CSV.

IMO, lodlive and void-graph are both in the right direction. void-graph
in and of itself is a useful tool, at least to create a simple diagram
for the 270a.info dataspaces.

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i