Re: HTTPS for RDF URIs?

On 1/30/14 5:10 PM, Alfredo Serafini wrote:
> uhm, I have a question about the scheme differences.
> This could be used maybe to expose the "same" resource projecting only
> public values (http) and value accessible to specific user on secure
> connection?

Yes!

Basically, I use the very pattern you outline above to control access to
some of the SPARQL endpoints I maintain i.e., only certain identities
are allowed to perform specific operations e.g., using the sponger
instance to crawl as part of follow-your-nose exploration that includes
RDF transformation etc..

Simple example I am the only one that can apply new data to my glossary
to terms doc [1], everyone else can read. In other cases, I assign
privileges to identities that are associated with a group or the result
of SPARQL ASK evaluations etc.. All of that happens as part of ACL
configuration and (in my case) mapping making the coreference a part of
my configuration setup as opposed to doing it via owl:sameAs relations.

> (https)
> I mean: apart from the fact that we could have different formats, do
> you think that a use case would actually be in exposing also data with
> limited public access?

That's what I do :-)

[1] http://bit.ly/1hFRCxh -- Glossary of Terms Doc (I am the only one
that can update that)
[2]
https://kingsley.idehen.net/about/html/www.adweek.com/news/technology/wow-hack-shows-twitter-handles-are-worth-big-bucks-155343
-- You will get an empty page (unless some identity associated with the
group that I allow to sponge get there before you).

Kingsley