Re: Encoding an incomplete date as xsd:dateTime

Hi Heiko,

The Timex3 standard for temporal expressions [1], as widely used for
linguistic analysis, suggests 'XX' if the date or month is unknown. I'm
not aware if people are using that to encode temporal expressions in
Linked datasets, but it would definitely be a better solution than using
'01' for unknown days or months.

Best wishes

Isabelle

[1]
http://www.timeml.org/site/publications/timeMLdocs/timeml_1.2.1.html#timex3

--
Isabelle Augenstein,
Department of Computer Science, The University of Sheffield,