Re: LOD publishing question

Hello Bernard,

On Mon, Feb 03, 2014 at 09:48:38AM +0100, Bernard Vatant wrote:
> Getting URIs of things
> as part of a regular search from the major search engine would be a
> significant milestone ... (copying from [1] written one year ago)

Why should Google do that? I see no reason for them to do it.

Do we want the owner of Freebase to offer such a service?

What about API access? What about SPARQL?

IMO, the Google search still cannot be used from an API - free or not. It
would be unfortunate if access to the triples they crawl would be limited in
similar ways - with no other competitor on the market.

BTW: Crawling the web is quite manageable if you start from well know URLs
(like the home page) and know how to find what you look for from there.
This is why we are maintaining a database of websites: http://www.sengine.info/

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--