Re: Updated LOD Cloud Diagram - First draft and last feedback.

On 8/15/14 4:04 PM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
>> >If we did miss something, it would be great if you could point us at what we
>> >have missed and update your entry in the DataHub catalog [2] accordingly.
> Is it possible that our MMLab dataset was not added yet?
> http://datahub.io/dataset/multimedia-lab
> We sent it to you on August 4th, but I can't find it
> in the “publications” category.
>
> We meet the requirements of 1) dereferenceable URIs
> and 2) at least 50 RDF links pointing at other datasets.
>
> For example, here is a dereferenceable URI:
> -http://data.mmlab.be/people/Anastasia+Dimou
> And here are sameAs links to other datasets:
> -http://data.mmlab.be/mmlab?predicate=owl%3AsameAs
>
> We would be most happy if you would consider adding our dataset.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ruben

Ruben,

I passed <http://data.mmlab.be/people/Anastasia+Dimou> through our
edition of Vapour [1] and it produced an unexpected result [2], in
regards to Linked Open Data principles i.e., unambiguous names resolve
to description documents i.e., as exemplified by terms [3] in natural
language, an identifier resolves to the description of its referent.

Hopefully, this will shed light on a range of orthogonal matters related
to nailing down what Linked Open Data is about etc.. In the worst case,
we'll fix any anomalies in our Vapour implementation.

Links:

[1] http://linkeddata.uriburner.com:8000/vapour -- our rendition of
Vapour that in includes RDF semantics based reasoning (it uses RDF
semantics to handled entity denotation and connotation)

[2] http://bit.ly/1rdzdRj -- Current Vapour Report

[3] http://www.wikihow.com/Differentiate-Between-a-Term-and-a-Word --
difference between a word (RDF IRI) and term (RDF based Linked Data HTTP
URI).

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com