Re: Just what *does* robots.txt mean for a LOD site?

On 8/11/14 3:20 PM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:
> On 11 Aug 2014, at 15:49, Sarven Capadisli<info@csarven.ca>  wrote:
>
>> >I briefly brought up something like this to Henry Story for WebIDs. That is, it'd be cool to encourage the use of WebID's for crawlers, so that, the server logs would show them in place of User-Agents. That URI could also say something like "we are crawling these domains, so, yes, it is really us if you see us in your logs (and not someone pretending)".
>> >
>> >I don't know what the state of that stuff is with WebID. Maybe Kingsley or Henry can comment further.
> yes that seemed like long term a good idea.
>
> For WebID see:http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/
>
> The WebID Profile could contain info about the type of Agent.
> The WebID-TLS auth could allow the robot to authenticate.
> ( Other WebID based authentications to be developed could be used too.
>    you can easily work out from the WebID-TLS what another system of
>    authentication could be )
>
> This would allow one then to create Web Access Control rules where
> one can allow any robot access in Read Only for a certain type of resource.
> One could then also attach useage rules ( to be developed ) to the document.
>
> Henry

As stated, in a earlier post, with slight modification:

The following could be issued via an HTTP user agent, as part of an HTTP
request [1]:

Slug: UserAgent
Link: <http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen#this> ;
rel="http://example.org/action#onBehalfOf"

Enabling a server discern the following from a request:

<#UserAgentID> <http://example.org/action#onBehalfOf>
<http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen#this>.

A protected resource access ACL on a server can be built around the
relation above, using WebID-TLS, basic PKI, or some other HTTP based
authentication protocol. The one requirement is that the server in
question has the ability to comprehend the nature and form of relations
represented using RDF statements.

Link:

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webpayments/2014Jul/0112.html
-- issue opened in regards to Link: and HTTP requests.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com