Re: Minimizing data volume

Franz,

In order to get performance on spatial operations on large geometries, I
advice you to use spatial indexing (R-Tree) for geometries description (GML
or WKT literal). This could be done at the time of transaction on the
database. Query engine should leverage this index to delegate spatial
operations to the spatial index. An example of open source implementing
this approach is USeekM  <https://dev.opensahara.com/projects/useekm>. RDF
database implementations could optimize the storage of geometry literal
(WKT or GML) in a binary form (or more complex form like in Oracle
Spatial). The approach would depend on the implementation of the
datastores.

Best regards
Stephane