Re: SPARQL results in RDF

On 25/09/13 14:57, Sven R. Kunze wrote:
> On 09/25/2013 03:53 PM, Dave Reynolds wrote:
>> Hi Damian,

>>> As far as I'm aware it is -- Tim's original simply misplaced a curly
>>> brace. The filter ought to be in the WHERE body.
>>>
>>> CONSTRUCT is essentially SELECT with a tabular data -> rdf system bolted
>>> at the end of the pipeline.
>>
>> I think the point people were making is that the syntactic shortform
>> "CONSTRUCT WHERE" with implicit template only applies when you have a
>> simple basic graph pattern [1].
>>
>> If the WHERE clause is more complex, e.g. with a FILTER, then you need
>> an explicit construct template.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#constructWhere
>>

> How did you come to that conclusion?

Based on the part of the specification given by link [1] above, which
says (my emphasis):

"A short form for the CONSTRUCT query form is provided for the case
where the template and the pattern are the same and the pattern is just
a basic graph pattern **(no FILTERs and no complex graph patterns are
allowed in the short form)**."

Dave