Re: Opinions sought: characterisation of relationships in terms of roles and events

You may find the Membership n-ary relation in the Organization ontology
[1] a useful starting point. That current represents person,
organization, role bindings over a time interval. There's no reason you
couldn't annotate that with location information as well.

Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-org/