Re: representing hypermedia controls in RDF

On 11/22/13 3:10 PM, mike amundsen wrote:
> sigh... copying to the list this time.
>
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM, mike amundsen <mamund@yahoo.com
> <mailto:mamund@yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     yep. In past writing/speaking I've drawn a line from James Gibson
>     through Donald Norman and up to Roy Fielding[1]
>

>     [1] http://amundsen.com/blog/archives/1109

Are words such as "enables" , "facilitates" etc.. so bad that we can no
longer make statements like:

<a/> enables name to address indirection in HTML via URIs? Basically,
that it enables exploitation URI serve dually as a document name and a
content access address i.e., a hyperlink.

Would REST be less useful if the word "affordance" wasn't engrained in
its narrative?

[1] http://bit.ly/15tk1Au -- hash based URIs that denote things
unambiguously while also making full use of HTTP URI duality
[2] http://bit.ly/17RQQXX -- name resolution, data source names, and
networks.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software