Re: Data Sharing - a video

Hello Kingsley,

I hope having to watch a video with two animated bears that barely move
and a text to speech audio track instead of reading an article is meant to
emphasize the authors point.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 07:42:18PM -0400, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> FYI
>
> On 5/27/13 4:12 PM, M. Scott Marshall wrote:
> >Data sharing is easier said than done, as demonstrated in the (funny
> >but a little sad!!) video below. It's a true story - I'm sure. You
> >will laugh and you will cry.
> >
> >Data represents a significant investment but you would never know it
> >from the way that data is typically (mis)handled. Data is usually
> >stored in such a way that the precise meaning of certain data is lost.
> >A retrospective process of  'semantic elucidation' is often too
> >expensive and sometimes impossible, and this is what leads to what I
> >sometimes cynically call an endless supply of ?disposable data?. I
> >would argue that the 'added value' of a Semantic Web approach to data
> >is the prevention of almost certain loss.
> >
> >?Semantically disambiguate early and often.? - M. Scott Marshall
> >
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N2zK3sAtr-4
> >
> >[Orig. shared by +Andre Dekker . I see that I apparently missed it
> >when +Trish Whetzel shared this gem.]
> >
> >My first post:
> >https://plus.google.com/u/0/114642613065018821852/posts/P6AkPDa3tfo
> >
> >--
> >M. Scott Marshall, PhD
> >MAASTRO clinic, http://www.maastro.nl/en/1/
> >http://eurecaproject.eu/
> >https://plus.google.com/u/0/114642613065018821852/posts
> >http://www.linkedin.com/pub/m-scott-marshall/5/464/a22
> >

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen
> Founder & CEO
> OpenLink Software
> Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen

++  Michael Brunnbauer
++  netEstate GmbH
++  Geisenhausener Straße 11a
++  81379 München
++  Tel +49 89 32 19 77 80
++  Fax +49 89 32 19 77 89
++  E-Mail brunni@netestate.de
++  http://www.netestate.de/
++
++  Sitz: München, HRB Nr.142452 (Handelsregister B München)
++  USt-IdNr. DE221033342
++  Geschäftsführer: Michael Brunnbauer, Franz Brunnbauer
++  Prokurist: Dipl. Kfm. (Univ.) Markus Hendel