Re: First release of an English lexicon for DBpedia

On 7/31/13 2:43 AM, christina unger wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> The Semantic Computing group at Bielefeld University [1] is happy to
> announce the first release of an English lexicon for DBpedia in lemon
> [2] format:
>
> http://lemon-model.net/lexica/dbpedia_en
>
> It comprises 1,217 verbalizations covering 353 classes as well as 300
> properties (all those that have more than 10,000 occurrences in the
> DBpedia dataset). It can prove useful for a wide range of
> ontology-based NLP applications, such as question answering and
> natural language generation from RDF or SPARQL.
>
> We invite you to browse and use the lexicon, and would love to get
> feedback.
>
> Also, everyone is welcome to improve the lexicon, extend it, and port
> it to other languages (we are currently working on an initial version
> of a Spanish and a German lexicon). The source is available on GitHub:
>
> https://github.com/cunger/lemon.dbpedia
>
> If you are interested in contributing, we'd be happy to hear from you!
>
> With best regards,
> Christina
>

> [1] http://www.sc.cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
> [2] http://lemon-model.net

Nice work!

BTW -- could you add some rdfs:isDefinedBy relations to your ontology?
This makes the ontology description graph much more navigable using
follow-your-nose pattern.

If you have a SPARQL 1.1 database/store at your disposal it boils down to:

PREFIX owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
PREFIX foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/>
PREFIX wdrs: <http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder-s#>
PREFIX vocab: <http://open.vocab.org/terms/>

LOAD <http://lemon-model.net/lemon.ttl> ;

INSERT {GRAPH <http://lemon-model.net/lemon.ttl>
             {    ?s rdfs:isDefinedBy <http://www.lemon-model.net/lemon#> .
                 <http://www.lemon-model.net/lemon#> vocab:defines ?s .
                 <http://www.lemon-model.net/lemon#> a owl:Ontology .
                 ?s wdrs:describedby <http://lemon-model.net/lemon.ttl> .
                 <http://lemon-model.net/lemon.ttl> foaf:primaryTopic ?s .
             }
         }
WHERE {GRAPH <http://lemon-model.net/lemon.ttl> {
                                                 {?s rdfs:subClassOf ?o}
                                                 UNION
                                                 {?s rdfs:subPropertyOf ?o}
                                                 UNION {?s
owl:equivalentClass ?o}
                                                 UNION {?s
owl:equivalentProperty ?o}
                                                 UNION {?s a ?o}
                                             }
     }

I've applied the relations in question to some of our instances [1].

Link:

[1]
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lemon-model.net%2Flemon%23
-- URIBurner instance