Re: Fwd: Geneology and RDF/OWL/FOAF

From: Cristiano Longo <longo@dmi.unict.it>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:50:25 +0200
To: gunurt@arkivverket.no
CC: Aldo Gangemi <aldo.gangemi@gmail.com>, public-lod@w3.org
Dear Gunnar Urtegaard, we investigated some basic kinship relations in [1].
We provided two sroiq ontologies and one in EL++, with test cases
showing the expected
inferences that will be performed by using one of the three ontologies.
The same paper contains a references section which aims to be exhaustive,
but I must say that the cited works should be studied more deeply.

CL

[1] Domenico Cantone, Aldo Gangemi, and Cristiano Longo. Representing
Kinship Relations on the Semantic Web. In Proceedings of OWL: Experiences
and Directions Workshop (OWLEd), 2013.