Re: Linked Data Dogfood circa. 2013

A while back, Olaf Hartig and I came up with the following definition of a
Linked Data application:

http://www.slideshare.net/juansequeda/consuming-linked-data
Slide 3 and 4

Linked Data Applications: Software system that makes use of data on the web
from multiple datasets and that benefits from links between the datasets

Characteristics of Linked Data Applications
- Consume data that is published on the web following the Linked Data
principles: an application should be able to request, retrieve and process
the accessed data
- Discover further information by following the links between different
data sources: the fourth principle enables this.
- Combine the consumed linked data with data from sources (not necessarily
Linked Data)
- Expose the combined data back to the web following the Linked Data
principles
- Offer value to end-users

Juan Sequeda
+1-575-SEQ-UEDA