Re: Linked Data Dogfood circa. 2013

Thanks Kingsley.
On 7 Jan 2013, at 14:04, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 1/6/13 7:05 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
>>> See my comments above.  What is an Application in your world view?
>> Interesting and useful comment. You used the word - tell me what you mean please.
>> Best
>> Hugh
>
> As you know, definitions are subjective. If you can define what an Application (in the context of Linked Data consumption) is, I can then attempt to answer your question about specific applications in light of such clarity.
>
> Again, I see Linked Data as a stealthy tweak of the Web that basically adds a data space dimension to the initial information space dimension. I am sure you know, I've always seen Linked Data as a mechanism for building on existing technologies associated with:
>
> 1. data representation
> 2. data access
> 3. data integration
> 4. data dissemination
> 5. data management.
I see that data use or anything like it remains unmentioned.

> I was asked the other day: what's the ultimate report? My answer was: the report that enables its reader look at the same data from a myriad of perspectives (via in-built pivoting).
>
> Linked Data makes the statement above possible, which is why (in my eyes and usage patterns) all applications that are capable of HTTP GETs are bonafide Linked Data consumer applications :-)
Even with a :-), this suggests to me that there isn't much common understanding that we can discuss.

> In an attempt to refocus this thread, I suspect, your point is that we have a dearth of Linked Data support pronunciations aligned to Linked Data consumption -- since the focus always seems to be about new data sets. Am I correct in that assumption, with regards to your main point?
I think you might be, but I have no idea what meaning of the word "pronunciations" you might have, so I don't understand what you are saying..

It seems to me that we have reached the end and discovered that you use a completely different language to me.
So I'll do the list a favour and withdraw - thanks for the interaction.
Best
Hugh