Re: Linked Data Dogfood circa. 2013

On 1/4/13 6:14 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> end-users, so it too has to be part of the mix when the target
> audience is end-users.
>
>> Why? because of the clear incentive SEO.
>
> SEO is only a piece of the picture. Yes, everyone wants to be
> discovered by Google, for now, but that isn't the Web's ultimate
> destiny. What people really want is serendipitous discovery of
> relevant information as an intrinsic component of the virtuous cycle
> associated with content sharing via the Web.

Re. SEO I stumbled across this nugget from a recent Forbes article [1]:

"Beyond content, these same organizations are helping lead the way we
find and consume information, driven by experimentation and
understanding of social behaviors. In a recent Mashable story on
social’s growing impact on search, Scott Havens, senior vice president
of finance and digital operations at The Atlantic Media Company, claims
“[our writers] are not really thinking about SEO anymore.” Bob Cohn,
editor of The Atlantic Digital, backs that up. “We’re no longer writing
to get the attention of Google algorithms. We’re writing to get you to
share it, to digg it…We’re not writing for machines. We’re writing for
humans.”

Links:

1.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisperry/2012/06/01/mary-meekers-2012-trends-take-away-get-ready-to-re-imagine-business/