Re: Financial vocabularies ?

Dear Dziugas, we are working on a vocabulary for revenue authorities in Italy, I will investigate if those authorities are willing to make it public.
Consider anyway that financial data schemas are quite different across Europe (let alone the whole world).
Joinup has something called XFinanz [1], while Stork [2] might have something useful.

In Italy there is also some work on collecting financial data about politicians, but it seems there is serious resistance to making it public.
Best luck, and let us know if you find anything good!
Aldo

[1] https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/catalogue/asset_release/xfinanz-schema-file-0
[2] https://www.eid-stork.eu/

_____________________________________
On Feb 6, 2013, at 12:04:48 PM , Dziugas Tornau <dziugas.tornau@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We're working here in Lithuania on a proposal for the government to start using LOD as main model for its public data.
> I'm trying to construct a dataset of the elections' candidates' publicly available financial data - assets, loans, debt, revenue, taxes paid, cash, etc.
> Does anyone know of a existing financial/accounting vocabulary for describing such data? So far the closest ones I found are UK payment vocabulary & Good relations, although these ones are not exactly for the same purpose and lack financial terms.
>
> BRgds,
>
> Dziugas
>
> http://graphity.org

Aldo Gangemi
Senior Researcher
Semantic Technology Lab (STLab)
Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology,
National Research Council (ISTC-CNR)
Via Nomentana 56, 00161, Roma, Italy
Tel: +390644161535
Fax: +390644161513