Re: Content Negotiation on DBpedia

On 2/2/13 10:15 AM, Karl Dubost wrote:
> I wanted to access to the infobox data on wikipedia.
>
> For example, The Guy Debord Web page in French.
> https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Debord
>
> I could scrap it with lxml and a bit of python, but I thought there might be a better way. I was expecting something like:
>
> → curl -H "Accept: text/html+infobox" http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Debord
> <!DOCTYPE html>
>
> but that didn't work, it return the full HTML document. So I searched a bit and remembered about DBpedia.
>
> → curl http://dbpedia.org/data/Guy_Debord
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
> <rdf:RDF
>  xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
>
> It returned an RDF version of the document in English. Hmm ok. Let's try to force French.
>
> → curl -H "Accept-Language: fr" http://dbpedia.org/data/Guy_Debord
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
> <rdf:RDF
>  xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
>
> That returned the same version in English. But I have seen in the markup that there is a link to a French version.
>

> <owl:sameAs rdf:resource="http://fr.dbpedia.org/resource/Guy_Debord" />
>
> Let's hardcode it then.
>

> → curl http://fr.dbpedia.org/data/Guy_Debord
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
> <rdf:RDF
>  xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
>

> This time I get the RDF/XML version. Are there other versions? such as RDF n3.
>
> → curl -H "Accept: text/rdf+n3" http://fr.dbpedia.org/data/Guy_Debord
> @prefix dbpedia-owl: <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/> .
> @prefix dbpedia-fr: <http://fr.dbpedia.org/resource/> .
> dbpedia-fr:Anarchisme dbpedia-owl:wikiPageWikiLink dbpedia-fr:Guy_Debord .
>
> This worked. Then I tried text/turtle
>
> → curl -H "Accept: text/turtle" http://fr.dbpedia.org/data/Guy_Debord
> <title>406 Not Acceptable</title>
> </head><body>
> <h1>406 Not Acceptable</h1>
> Available variant(s):
> <ul>
> </ul>
>
> It didn't work. :/ What about json.
>
> → curl -H "Accept: application/json" http://fr.dbpedia.org/data/Guy_Debord
> <title>406 Not Acceptable</title>
> </head><body>
> <h1>406 Not Acceptable</h1>
> Available variant(s):
> <ul>
> </ul>
>

> but this worked by harcoding the URI.
>
> → curl http://fr.dbpedia.org/data/Guy_Debord.json
> {
>    "http://fr.dbpedia.org/resource/Anarchisme" : { "http://dbpedia.org/ontology/wikiPageWikiLink" : [ { "type" : "uri", "value" : "http://fr.dbpedia.org/resource/Guy_Debord" } ] } ,
>    "http://fr.dbpedia.org/resource/Id\u00E9ologie" : { "http://dbpedia.org/ontology/wikiPageWikiLink" : [ { "type" : "uri", "value" : "http://fr.dbpedia.org/resource/Guy_Debord" } ] } ,
>

> But I see that has been discussed already :)
> [...]
Maybe best discussed on the DBpedia forum. There are a number of moving
parts here, so the first thing we need to establish is what DBpedia VAD
packages are in place across these instances since these actually
determine the versions of re-write in place etc..

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen