Re: Is the same video but in different encodings the owl:sameAs?

> Thanks yet another time for your insightful comments. I will most
> probably go with the "FRBR-ish" approach then by giving my <video>
> elements an ID, sans explicitly using FRBR terms…

The Europeana Data Model (EDM) goes to quite some lengths to distinguish
between similar-but-not-the-same representations of cultural heritage
objects. Take a look at the EDM Primer for more info:

http://pro.europeana.eu/edm-documentation

E.g., they want to distinguish between Europeana consolidated resource
describing a particular painting and the same painting as provided by
different partners (as each partner might have their own metadata set
describing the object, and you don't want to loose this information by
making them all the same resource).

Your use case is different but there are some similarities.

Cheers,
Uldis