Re: WebID Frustration

On 6 August 2013 13:37, Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Well, RWW.IO looked exciting, so I decided to start with it.

It *is* exciting! :)

> And it seemed a good idea to have an account, so I decided I would finally
> create a WebID login - I know that lots of people think that this is the
> Way Ahead.
> I have a foaf file (actually more than one), and trawling the web, it
> seems that I if I have a foaf file I can use it for WebID.
> I certainly don't want to create it on some other site - I need another
> account like I need a hole in the head - in fact, that is what is meant to
> be good about WebID!
> Surely it isn't "Just one last new account".
>
> Anyway, you can guess that a while later I still don't seem to have
> managed it.
> I have read any number of pages that give me "simple" guides to doing
> stuff, with links to things that should help, etc. (often dead).
> I confess that I was definitely looking for the easiest way - for example,
> downloading a program to run just doesn't seem the sort of thing I want to
> do for something that is meant to be simple.
> Sorry if that all sounds provocative, but I am a bit frustrated!
>
> So have I missed something here?
> Is there really not a page that will really work for me?
> I'm using Safari on a Mac, by the way.
> And I'm trying to login in to https://hugh.rww.io

Hi Hugh

I had this exact same problem at TPAC.  What is your serialization?  WebID
requires turtle to be supported (which I handnt done).  Took me a few
minutes to fix it.

You could use any23.org to make a turtle file

if (stristr($_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT"], "application/turtle")) {
  header("Content-Type: application/turtle");
}

And something like the above.

Does that help?