Re: about the syntax of the prefix line: trailing hash vs. slash

Hi,

On 29/04/13 14:02, Frank Haferkorn wrote:
> (I already posted this mail in the public-swd-wd@w3.org.)

I guess that working group has stopped its activity many years ago...

> I did not found any explanation on the net on this topic:
> I run into some differences for the naming convention for the prefix lines,
>
> 1. Some with a trailing hash ("#")
> 2. And some with a trailing slash ("/")
> 3. Is it possible to use NO TRAILING character (no slash or hash) , too?
>
> What is the difference between 1.) and 2.) ???

This appendix could be interesting for you:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-vocab-pub/#naming

Such small cosmetic detail has consequences on how you must implement it
in the server-side to follow the best practices.

> Is 3.) possible, to?

Basically not form my understanding, since other approaches such as
thing-described-by.org have never been accepted.

Sergio Fernández
Salzburg Research
+43 662 2288 318
Jakob-Haringer Strasse 5/II