Re: Publication of scientific research

On 04/25/2013 04:57 PM, Andrea Splendiani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ok, let's take a practical step.
> Let's assume we are going to open a call for a workshop and there we ask
> for "structured information". Which steps do we take and what do we need?
>
> If we want to move one step at a time, we would still need a site to
> handle the submission/review process (you cannot rely on online feedback
> for accepting/rejecting papers with no bias in a given timeframe).
> Something like easychair accepts the upload of extra files, so that
> could be used already off the shelf.
>
> Second, we need to specify where and how Redfin should be used. If we
> are in the sw/ld area, what for? We may ask for Uris for:
> Citations
> Authors
> Tools? Ontologies?
>
> What else ?
>
> Take for example the papers here:
>
> http://www.jbiomedsem.com/series/SWAT4LSCSHALS
>
> What would you propose for this kind o research?

It could be practically anything that the authors find worthwhile to
have an URI for discovery. In addition to Kingsley's points, here are mine:

* Problems, hypothesis, contributions, claims, results, conclusions
* If in the form of a blog post, comments, replies, reviews etc. on the
page could be invaluable.
* Licensing

There is also some excellent work done with SPAR (Semantic Publishing
and Referencing Ontologies) [1], [2].

[1] http://sempublishing.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sempublishing/SPAR/
[2]
http://opencitations.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/introducing-the-semantic-publishing-and-referencing-spar-ontologies/