Re: Restpark - Minimal RESTful API for querying RDF triples

On 4/16/13 5:47 PM, Luca Matteis wrote:
> Kingsley, this is exactly my problem with SPARQL. So much jargon and
> complexity. Cursors? Scrollable engine? Column-storage? Vectorized
> execution?

So you've gotta have the same jargon problem with SQL and RDBMS
technology too. Why are you singling out SPARQL? Those items are old
news in the RDBMS realm.

> Web service REST APIs are usually located on top of SQL interfaces for
> this very reason! Because SQL is too complex to be exposed as a
> service to users!

SQL isn't too complex. It is too limited for the stuff that RDF makes
possible :-)

Kingsley