Re: Recording authorship, curation and digital creation with the PAV ontology

On 4/2/13 8:48 PM, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>> Why aren't you serving the RDF/XML using Content-Type: application/rdf+xml ?
>
> Try accessing in a browser:
>   http://purl.org/pav/2.1.1   (application/rdf+xml)
>
> then compare with:
>   http://purl.org/pav/             (application/xml)
>
> Sadly, only Firefox manage to show something for both. IE and Chrome
> are happy with the second.
>

> My main motivation for doing the XSLT hack was for users who see a
> term from the ontology, or its namespace in a prefix declaration, and
> simply clicks the link, they should be presented something in the
> browser. As I said, Google Code does not do content negotation, so
> without involving a third-party server it would have to be either this
> or no browser appearance at all.
>

> The versionIRIs on the other hand - like http://purl.org/pav/2.1 -  is
> hidden inside the OWL, so only "those who know" would click them, and
> get what they expect. On second thought I have therefore changed the
> content-type to application/rdf+xml on all the OWL files except the
> one returned by our namespace http://purl.org/pav/ - I hope this is a
> workable solution.
>

> --
> Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
> School of Computer Science
> The University of Manchester

It's all fine now, I am able to just process the RDF/XML :-)

curl -IL  http://purl.org/pav/2.1.1
HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 01:08:23 GMT
Server: 1060 NetKernel v3.3 - Powered by Jetty
Location: http://pav-ontology.googlecode.com/svn/tags/2.1.1/pav.owl

HTTP/1.1 200 OK