RE: Property Guidance

From: Michael Hopwood <michael@editeur.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:57:39 +0100
To: Leigh Dodds <leigh@ldodds.com>
CC: public-lod community <public-lod@w3.org>
From: Leigh Dodds <leigh@ldodds.com<mailto:leigh@ldodds.com>>
To: public-lod community <public-lod@w3.org<mailto:public-lod@w3.org>>
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:08 AM
Subject: Property Guidance

Hi,

I came across a nice report on twitter yesterday (apologies, I can't
recall from whom), which provides some guidance on creating Linked
Data for Bibliographic Data:

http://aims.fao.org/lode/bd

Specifically it recommends a number of properties and provides
guidance on how to select between alternatives. It includes some flow
diagrams to help describe the selection -- something I've not seen
before and which seems like a nice way to present the options.

Has anyone done this in other circumstances?

As an exercise I drafted a table (available in a Google Spreadsheet
[1]) to start mapping out some guidance for Equivalence Links [2].
Does anyone have any comments?

Cheers,

L.

[1]. http://bit.ly/equivalence-links-guide