Re: Creating a complete LOD example

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 11:15:03 -0700
To: Nicholas Humfrey <njh@aelius.com>
Cc: public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
British Monarchy might be interesting. A while back I went looking for
a map of the interconnections amongst European Royalty (obviously a
larger problem) and was surprised not to find much. I think eventually
I did find some GEDCOM family tree info.
https://www.google.com/search?q=european+royalty+family+tree&tbm=isch
shows there's interest.

If you want to get into species (slippery stuff...), that search also
threw up http://blogs.nature.com/news/2008/07/family_tree_shows_dinos_missed.html
http://palaeo.gly.bris.ac.uk/macro/supertree/index.html "Several years
ago, a different 'Bristol team', but including some of the same
members, produced the first supertree of dinosaurs, incorporating 277
species, and based on 150 source trees. This served its purpose, and
was the largest supertree attempted at that time. However, with 277
species included, this covered only some 50% of dinosaurian
diversity."
http://palaeo.gly.bris.ac.uk/macro/supertree/Supertree.pdf

Either way, it'd be great if some kind of interesting network
structure existed amongst the entities in your descriptions, to help
illustrate that with Linked Data there are often 3 different notions
of network all intermingled; e.g. social networks, hypertext networks
and semantic networks.

cheers,

Dan