Re: Creating a complete LOD example

On 10/21/12 10:07 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 21 October 2012 15:08, Nicholas Humfrey <njh@aelius.com
> <mailto:njh@aelius.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I have created quite number of examples using EasyRdf:
>     https://github.com/njh/easyrdf/tree/master/examples
>
>     But I would like to create a more complete real-world example,
>     demonstrating how to publish Linked Data, as part of a PHP
>     website. However I am not sure what the subject of the example
>     should be!
>
>     Requirements:
>     - A subject that people will easily understand
>     - A finite number of entities in the domain (in the range of 50-500)
>     - An existing vocabulary/ontology for that domain
>     - Preferable to already have some kind of identifier
>
>     Ideas so far:
>     - Chemical Elements
>     - Countries of the World (already covered by World Factbook)
>     - British Monarchy
>     - Stations on the London Underground
>     - Airports
>

> Something with celebrities / sport / politics often appeal.
>
> Maybe something competitive like league tables of <insert query here>
>
> Sorry ... a bit vague ... I'll see if I can think of something concrete...
>

>     Technologies that I plan to use:
>     - PHP
>     - EasyRdf
>     - Slim Framework
>     - SPARQL Querying
>     - Turtle
>     - SPARQL Graph Store HTTP Protocol
>     - Twitter Bootstrap
>     - PHPUnit tests
>     - Some form of visualisation (Graphviz/Maps)
>

>     Any suggestions?
>

>     Thanks,
>
>     nick.

Nick,

Describe stuff you like [1] :-)

It's always enlightening to show folks how they can describe themselves
via Linked Data based documents. This kind of endeavor ultimately hits
many of the topics of interested listed in the response above.

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/SBDmXr -- How To Describe Stuff You Like using a Turtle
based Linked Data document
2. http://bit.ly/Rx7RO5 -- Raw Turtle Doc