From: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
To: W3C RDB2RDF <public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org>
Cc: public-lod Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>; SW-forum Semantic Web community <semantic-web@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 3:38 AM
Subject: RDB2RDF Recommendations are published

http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/REC-r2rml-20120927/

http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/REC-rdb-direct-mapping-20120927/

http://semanticweb.com/transforming-relational-data-to-rdf-r2rml-becomes-official-w3c-recommendation_b32395

Thank you very much, everyone involved! A big kudos to the wonderful Editors of R2RML and DM, my co-chair and all the WG members, early ones and the ones who pulled through to the very end!

Now, the real work starts: the success of a standard is, IMHO, measured by the uptake. We have now a stable proposal on the table and need to convince industry players and end-users alike that it is worth investing in this piece of infrastructure.

Link long and prosper!

Cheers,
       Michael

--