Re: Expensive links in Linked Data

On 10/1/12 6:53 AM, Francois-Paul Servant wrote:
> What do you think of the following solution, involving a small dedicated vocabulary:
>
> :entity1 rdfs:seeAlso [
> 	a v:Link;
> 	v:propertyLink :expensiveProp;
> 	v:linkedResource :entity1?link=expensiveProp
> ]
>
> when GETting :entity1?link=expensiveProp, if there are one or more values for expensiveProp:
> entity1 expensiveProp entity20, entity21, entity22, .
> else (no value): a 404, or nothing in the returned RDF.
>
> In several other situations, I found it appealing to have this kind of "Link" class, so there some kind of recurring pattern here.
> Note also that we could add more information in the description of the Link, such as:
>
> :entity1 rdfs:seeAlso [
> 	a v:Link;
> 	v:propertyLink :expensiveProp;
> 	v:linkedResource :entity1?link=expensiveProp;
> 	v:equivalentSparqlQuery "CONSTRUCT {:entity1 :expensiveProp ?o} WHERE { :entity1 :expensiveProp ?o.}"
> ]

This approach is fine (underlying platform challenges unavoidable as per
my comments), Ideally, it could be an extension of VoiD [1] and maybe a
hook into the Linked Data API [2], for instance.

Links:

1. http://vocab.deri.ie/void
2. https://code.google.com/p/linked-data-api/wiki/Specification .

Founder & CEO