 From: adasal <adam.saltiel@gmail.com>
To: Jamshaid Ashraf <jamshaid.ashraf@gmail.com>
Cc: Enrique Pérez Arnaud <enriquepablo@gmail.com>; Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>; Eric Franzon <eric@semanticweb.com>; Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>; Aidan Hogan <aidan.hogan@deri.org>; "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>; "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>; "public-rww@w3.org" <public-rww@w3.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: Google Knowledge Graph Experiment

I also finding striking, along with the humour and irony in this thread, that no one has
said the obvious about how this change has propagated:the propagation was unpredictable.
Tim Finin writes about GKG here with links to deeper discussions.
http://ebiquity.umbc.edu/blogger/2012/05/19/google-knowledge-graph-first-impressions/

As to my own comments they come out of ideas I am developing about the relationship of ourselves as people to such services.

What ever their view about the individual (if any) engineers generally exclude the individual from their view of the engineering.
But in this context, of course, the individual is reintroduced as a statistical entity and as a linked entity.
Meanwhile, the psychologist is concerned with beliefs, intentions and desires.
There is much to be said about this.

Adam

Hi,