Re: Change Proposal for HttpRange-14

hi all,

a publisher who wants his non-IRs to resolve into a nice HTML page when
entered into a browser currently seems to have the following choices:

-RDFa + hash uris
-RDFa + 303
-RDF + HTML + conneg + 303
-RDF + HTML + conneg + hash uris

Is this right ? I am not sure about the last option. Is it valid ? Does it
limit the possible RDF serializations to RDF/XML ?

The proposal would add the following choices:

-RDFa
-RDF + HTML + conneg

But in those cases, nobody would be able to talk about the publishers
documents in a sensible way (that is: without minting new URIs or using blank
nodes). This seems to be quite a price for simplicity.

If the publisher later decides that this price is too high, he can implement
a 303 or deliver some X describedby Y triple at X. What I don't understand
about the last option is: What triples are delivered by X and what by Y ?
If X only contains the describedby triple, this would be a much more complex
type of redirection than a simple 303. If X contains more triples, we have
the same content in several graphs - something that data aggregators will not
like.

I would say that everybody who will go for RDF + HTML + conneg will not have
a big headache if we tell him that he should set up an additional 303 right
from the start and everybody who will go for RDFa will have no problem
with hash uris.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--