Re: Can we create better links by playing games?

On 6/22/12 7:40 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 22 June 2012 13:29, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com
> <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 6/22/12 4:10 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>         In general : making good games is HARD, but can be hugely
>         rewarding.  Linked data is uniquely placed to make games at
>         web scale.  The first people to crack this are on to something
>         very big.  But you have to try and capture modern social
>         mechanics.
>

>     Yep!
>

>         A great can take linked data to the next level, and virally
>         bootstrap web 2.0 if done right.
>

>     I think you meant Web 3.0 .
>

> No I mean post wall notices to google plus, facebook etc.  use the
> existing social graphs.  But yes you could make the argument that
> facebook are now web 3.0, as they serve turtle too! :)

Facebook deftly straddles Web 2.0 and 3.0. Note, Turtle formats for
their data objects isn't what makes them 3.0, its the fact that all
their data objects are represented using Linked Data graphs be it JSON
or Turtle.

A data representation format is never the basis of Linked Data. Data
Formats and Data Models are distinct, and at best loosely coupled.

Linked Data is always about de-referencable URI behavior that combines
naming (denotation) and Web resource identification, constrained by a
"deceptively simple" data model :-)

Kingsley