Re: Can we create better links by playing games?

On 6/20/12 12:39 PM, Gannon Dick wrote:

> Amen!
>
> No silly data-silo games, even in the name of gammification :-)
> ===========
> We in the choir have no problem with that.  But I think Barry's other
> (implied) question around provenance is critical too.  There are many
> sly commercial tricks to pump up the apparent volatility of a dataset,
> including adding unlinked identifiers.  I agree the data should be
> consolidated in the Cloud, but with versions - start use, end use
> replace with, etc., so the data can learn instead of educate (with
> perhaps a whole different conclusion in an hour)

Yes!

By no silly data-silo games I also imply what you've staed above.

Re. cloud consolidation, I just want to reiterate that the cloud
(itself) is federated -- with hyperlinks providing its critical tapestry .

Kingsley.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com