Re: Can we create better links by playing games?

Yes, I could do.
But it would be a barrier, certainly at the moment.
It is much easier for someone to send me a username and password to put into their curl, than for to start with, well what you need to do first is get a WebID. Now let me tell you what a WebID is…
Simple access is everything.

On 20 Jun 2012, at 17:21, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> On 6/20/12 12:03 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
>> (Sorry to repeat myself :-) )
>> If you want a way of collecting and publishing coref data (or indeed any pair data), then I would be happy to provide a
>> http://sameas.org/store/games or whatever, where you could even post pairs as they happen.
>> Tell me the name you want, a username and password for the htaccess, and Bob's Your Uncle
>> (http://sameas.org/?uri=http://rdf.freebase.com/ns/m.0265wn_)
>>
>> (This is one of the primary reasons for sameas.org - there is a lot of coref stuff being generated, but it sits on researchers' and PhD students' PCs, etc and never sees the light of day.)
>> Best
>> Hugh
> Hugh,
>
> What about using WebID and WebID based ACLs re. controlled or purpose-specific access to this service?
>
> Yesterday, I shared a post [1] on the Read-Write community mailing list that showcases an example of this kind of WebID & Linked Data exploitation.
>
> Links
>
> 1. http://bit.ly/NNOkNB -- mounting 3rd party storage services into my WebID ACL protected personal data space .
>
> Kingsley

>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> Most of the OntoGame games still work, and a more comprehensive list of related games is available at http://semanticgames.org/. One of the problems I see, however, is that all data collected through such games is not accessible or reusable by applications (or in other games, as a matter of fact).
>>>
>>> Elena

>>> --
>>> Dr. Elena Simperl
>>> Assistant Professor
>>> Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
>>> t: +49 721 608 45778
>>> m: +49 1520 1600994
>>> e:
>>> elena.simperl@kit.edu
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen
> Founder & CEO
> OpenLink Software
> Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen

Hugh Glaser,
             Web and Internet Science
             Electronics and Computer Science,
             University of Southampton,
             Southampton SO17 1BJ
Work: +44 23 8059 3670, Fax: +44 23 8059 3045
Mobile: +44 75 9533 4155 , Home: +44 23 8061 5652
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~hg/