Re: [Correction] :BaseKB Pro Now Available For Download

Hello Martin, Paul,

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:54:18AM +0200, Martin Hepp wrote:
> First of all, I think it is inappropriate to use these mailing lists for blunt advertisement.

I don't have a problem with advertising as long as it's on topic but this is
the third advertisement from basekb in three months and I am getting annoyed
too.

> Second, I wonder what your revenue model is, because if you truly grant a licensor a
>     http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
> license on your work, as stated on your homepage, then a single paying customer could regularly download and share your data with the world for free. Any university could do so on safe legal grounds. So your expected monthly revenues will be $ 199 in total.

I also wondered about the business model and I am tempted to convert the
freebase dumps to .nt or .nq and put them on S3 for free with the "requester
pays S3 fees" flag.

I don't know if enough people will pay for monthly updates but probably
much more people would pay for a reliable freebase SPARQL endpoint...

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer