Re: Linked Data Business Models?

On 7/26/12 6:18 AM, Pablo N. Mendes wrote:

> Would the offer of data and API integration services count? There is
> linked data without Linked Data:
> "Factual Places combines data on 58 million local businesses and
> points of interest with rich APIs to bring context to every point
> worldwide."
> http://www.factual.com/solutions/web-and-mobile-apps
> http://www.factual.com/solutions/enterprise

Pay-as-you-go is certainly a model for selling databases. At the end of
the day Linked Data is still about data access and integration
challenges, so a big yes!

Note, what challenges these Web 2.0 API models in the coarseness of the
quality of service factors. For instance, they can't handle social
dimensions associated with data access due to lack of fine-grained ACLs
scoped to verifiable identity. Basically, this is why WebID is vital to
any kind of data access oriented business model.

Kingsley