Re: Introducing Semgel, a semantic database app for gathering & analyzing data from websites

On 7/20/12 10:17 AM, Mike Bergman wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
>
> On 7/20/2012 5:30 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 7/19/12 9:13 PM, Mike Bergman wrote:
>>> +1

>> Mike,
>>
>> What problem are we refusing to address, as exemplified by :
>> http://semgel.com/ .
>>
>> If I am missing something here, I would like to know what it is. Of
>> course, I might have completely overlooked something, so I am always
>> open to correction.
>
> Sebastian Schaffert's response addressed this well. I also comment in
> various ways on this topic on my blog as frequently as the muse
> strikes me.
>
> The reason I simply commented by "+1" is that I did not want to
> contribute to what are often lengthy polemics as to what the
> "community" is or believes or purports. As best as I can tell there is
> no true community here, but a diverse set of players with diverse
> interests and perspectives. If you follow my writings closely you know
> that I see linked data as a useful and often desirable technique, but
> not a means.
>
> In your enthusiasm and cheerleading you as often turn people off as
> inspire them. You too frequently take it upon yourself to "speak for
> the community". Semgel is a nice contribution being contributed by a
> new, enthusiastic contributor. I think this is to be applauded, not
> lectured or scolded. Semgel is certainly as much on topic as most of
> the posts to this forum.
>
> There is a reason I and Structured Dynamics no longer comment or
> participate on these forums. If I hear from others correctly, our
> perspective is shared by many.
>
> I will not comment further on this thread.
>
> Thanks, Mike

Mike,

To cut a long story short, you are disagreeing with my attempt to seek
Linked Data relevance from a solution announced on this mailing list?
All I sought was the Linked Data dimension that I assumed this solution
possessed. That's it.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com