Re: [http-range14] how to publish RDF for Information Resources

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de> wrote:
> On 17 Feb 2012, at 23:14, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
>>> In general, the RDFa embedded
>>> metadata approach can be replaced by using the <link> element href in XHTML
>>> to pointing to an external RDF document, where the rel=”meta” attribute can
>>> be used to indicate a relationship between resources.
>>
>> Yes, but rel="meta" is not standardized as far as I know, see
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#type-links
>
> rel="meta" is standardized:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-rdf-in-HTML
> http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/#linking
>
> Best,
> Richard

An alternative would be using wdrs:describedby [1], a property defined
in the POWDER-S ontology. The only issue is that the corresponding W3C
Recommendation [2] specifies on this property a domain restriction
which still needs to be amended, as discussed in [3,4].

Anyway, the corresponding "describedby" relationship type can be
safely used in HTML LINK elements, since it is registered by IANA (see
the corresponding entry at [5]).

Said that, the "meta" relationship type (although, as far as I know,
is not registered by IANA) is widely used and it is, currently, the
recommended one, as stated in the W3C TRs pointed out by Richard.

Andrea

----
[1]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder-s#describedby
[2]http://www.w3.org/TR/powder-dr/#semlink
[3]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-powderwg/2010Nov/0005.html
[4]http://www.w3.org/2007/powder/powder-errata#describedby
[5]http://www.iana.org/assignments/link-relations/link-relations.xml

--
Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
European Commission DG JRC

DE+RD Unit: http://sdi.jrc.ec.europa.eu

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.