Re: Conversion to RDF/Linked Data

On Tuesday 14. February 2012 01.16.50 Mika Singh wrote:
> Would somebody would guide me how can I convert such a record into
> RDF/Linked data?

If you are prepared to do a little bit of simple programming, I would suggest
converting it with a simple Perl script using the module RDF::Helper:
https://metacpan.org/module/RDF::Helper
RDF::Helper is also in Debian testing and the module and all its dependencies
can be installed with apt-get install librdf-helper-perl if you use that
platform. If not, it can be installed with CPAN tools, which is part of a
standard Perl install.

There is an example of using it on an HTML table at
https://github.com/kjetilk/lifting-scripts/blob/master/kommune-navn.pl
This script first use CSS selectors to scrape the page and creates a hash with
the results, which is then added to an RDF model using RDF::Helper.

You didn't write how many such records you have. If it is large, you could use
the recent module RDF::Trine::Store::File I published. I hear it has some
problems on Windows, but I mean, who uses such an odd platform? ;-)

Then, you may publish it very simply with the module RDF::LinkedData.
https://metacpan.org/module/RDF::LinkedData
This is available in Debian testing and Ubuntu Oneiric (which is the current
release of Ubuntu). It can be installed with
apt-get install librdf-linkeddata-perl

I hope this helps!

Best,

Kjetil